We are looking for a technical support engineer who will support customers before, during or after purchase of our inspection equipment. Customers can be located anywhere in Europe, but the focus for the role is customers based in Czech and Slovakia.
The main office for the role is the technical centre in Gyor (HUN).
The Inspection Systems Division provides Optical and X-Ray equipment for Printed Circuit Board inspection in Electronic manufacturing plants.
OMRON is the world Leader in Automated Optical Inspection Systems (AOI)
Nowadays there are over 10,000 inspection machines sold all over the world with over 900 in Europe. The AOI Division has members located in different European countries. OMRON also have a partner network in most European Countries for the local sales and technical support.
Types of machines sold: SPI (Solder Paste Inspection), AOI (Automated Optical Inspection) and AXI (Automated X-ray Inspection). www.aoi.omron.eu.
Reporting to the European Service and Support Manager based on Holland.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Visit customers before, during or after the purchase of the inspection machines;
· Demonstrate the inspection machines to customers (optical and X-ray machines)
- Determine fault causes of structural defects in inspection machines;
- Train customers and distributors how to use the inspection machines;
- Investigate and implement potential improvements in inspection machines and practices to achieve quality and efficiency improvements;
- Troubleshoot when problems or issues with the optical/X-ray inspection machines occur;
· Assist with and participate in the development and introduction of new inspection machines.
Desired Skills and experience:
· Bachelor degree (in by for example Mechanical Engineering, Electronics)
(COMMENTS: We need someone from technician school. No need of a "Diplom. Ing." Degree in Engineering)
· Fluent in Czech/Slovak. Good communication skills (oral and written) in English. Spoken language with AOI colleagues, distributors and customers is English. Hungarian speaking is a plus.
· Able to work independently (for example at customer locations) and able to prioritize activities
· Team player
· Willingness to travel (mostly inside Europe); Good inter cultural awareness;
· Good inter cultural awareness
· Good IT knowledge
· Knowledge of the SMT process is a plus.